2018 Chelsea Transfers

This topic contains 504 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  CFC1905 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 505 total)
  • Author
    Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    • :

The Summer Thread is too long and is jumping around the pages.

Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    • :

I am getting very concerned about the names we being linked too. Reina and Green are 2 of the worst blundering keepers ever plus very old. We should get rid of Courtious and bring in Butland maybe not quite the same quality but thats about the best available as he wants to play for a top 6 EPL team and his home grown. If we need to broaden the squad with home grown players theres a whole team of young brilliant talent waiting to be promoted and who will do a better job than your over the hill or overrated non British players. If you must buy than go for the likes of Zaha not exactly a Hazard but possibly the best available once again. The huge amount of money Barca wanted to pay for Willian we should have taken and bought a younger and better player who actually has a quality end product. That opportunity is now gone as they have stolen Malcom from Roma. Not sure who is responsible and if Sarri is involved but it appears we have learnt nothing from last season. I am actually too afraid to surf the internet about Chelsea when I read such despondent latest news.

Monty
    Monty
    Participant
    • :

Butland is a decent buy but quite a few premier league clubs are after him so haste is required-same with Wilfred Zaha

nine nine nine
    • :

Blaze,As I suggested last night the prospective signing of Green as a third choice Keeper is seemingly to help us meet the homegrown rule which would be under further pressure if we sell Drinkwater and or Cahill.

Agree with you on Willian given the Barca offer we should have taken the money without the plan is to use him as bait in a move for Martial. Or perhaps Sarri was adamant he wanted to keep Willian and the Board listened?

Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    • :

Can you imagine Reina, Caballero and Green. The nearest in football you will ever have to the 3 stooges.

Monty
    Monty
    Participant
    • :

I am shocked by the Green signing okay if it is for a 3rd choice keeper maybe its okay not even too sure about that and I hated Reina at Liverpool as any kind of decent keeper, his okay as a shot stopper as Caballero and Green are or were but cowardly and erratic when coming for the ball or crosses. If these are going to be our 3 keepers this season then God help us. I imagine and hope desperately we will go for the likes of Schmeichel or Butland when Courtious leaves, theres not much time left.

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :
    chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

It’s been a crazy few days but I am incredibly excited to have joined one of the biggest clubs in world football in @ChelseaFC . To have this opportunity at this stage of my career is something truly special, and I can’t wait to get started now. Thanks to everyone for the support.

Robert Green on twitter 2 hours ago.

Romansdirtypants
    Romansdirtypants
    Spectator
    • :

Got to say prices are simply outrageous – it’s all insane – will we ever see a 500 k signing in a top six side again?

Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    • :

I would rather go for Butland than Pickford as its going to be a battle to get Pickford plus you looking at a price difference of at least 60m quid if not more.

Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    • :

totally agree why Green if you can use a young keeper, okay he want play much at all but at least he will be encompassed with the degree of training a superior club receives and surrounded by the best, its the pedigree of the club against maybe game time at a lower club which is not always guaranteed and stunts the players progress which has been proven true so many times. I am surprised the club do not see this.

nine nine nine
    • :

Chelsea would have to bust the Allison fee to have any chance of getting Pickford and even then Everton would probably lead us a merry dance and wouldn’t sell him.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

The fees are mad but the Green transfer is more about freeing up a place to buy another overseas player. Historically our 3rd choice keeper has been foreign meaning it limited us in buying further outfield players

In Green you have English which is good for the rules, we have untold experience and the fact that he is very unlikely to play for us or feature on the bench apart from possibly in the domestic cup games. Nothing wrong with Cabellaro either as an understudy and certainly my first choice if we ever need to win a penalty shoot out…!! KTBFFH

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

Major Man Utd target suggests he could stay at PL rivals

Willian wants to stay and be part of Sarri’s new exciting fun adventure. Good, I like him.

nine nine nine
    • :

And the main thing 1967 is that it maintains the Willian song.😊

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Transfer round up:

[1] = fake news
    [2] = murmurs
    [3] = consistent reports
    [4] = contact made
    [5] = fee agreed
    [X] = Dead
    [O] = signed

===========================================
    Rumours IN
    [O] GK – Rob Green
    [3] GK – Pepe Reina
    [2] GK – Gianluigi Donnarumma
    [2] GK – Petr Cech
    [2] GK – Kasper Schmeichel
    [2] GK – Jordon Pickford
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
    [4] CB – Daniele Rugani
    [2] CB – Mattia Caldara
    [O] CM – Jorginho
    [2] CM – Miralem PjaniΔ‡
    [2] CM – Sergej MilinkoviΔ‡-SaviΔ‡
    [2] CM – Aaron Ramsey
    [2] CM – MatΓ­as Vecino
    [X] AM – Aleksandr Golovin
    [2] AM – Leon Bailey
    [2] AM – Anthony Martial
    [2] AM – Bernard
    [2] AM – Christian Pulisic
    [3] ST – Gonzalo Higuain

Rumours OUT
    [3] GK – Thibaut Courtois
    [2] CB – Kurt Zouma
    [2] CB – TomΓ‘Ε‘ Kalas
    [3] CM – Danny Drinkwater
    [2] CM – Kante
    [3] AM – Willian
    [3] AM – Eden Hazard
    [4] ST – Alvaro Morata

Zizi
    Participant
    • :

If Willian, Hazard and Courtois all stay, then we are in for an exciting season. the reason being, most of our players will thrive under Sarri’s attacking system if my observation of the first half v/s Inter is anything to go by.
    i’m also hearing Kante is being rewarded with an improved contract which means Abramovic’s future as the sole owner of the club is mo longer in question. Following would be my dream starting team,
    Courtois, Rudiger, Christensen, Azpiliquatta, Alonso,Kante, Jorginho, Hazard, Willian, Hudson-O, Striker (X ), None what we have convinces me as an automatic starter…
    sell the following to free up space- Bakayoko, Pedro, Fabrigas, Cahill, Drink W, Zappacosta, Hector, Piazon, Kalas, Aina,Morata ….

Monty
    Monty
    Participant
    • :

Think on current form Pedro will stay and Fabregas as well I know its early and things change quickly but where exactly will they find clubs for all these players, thats also been left too late as has the recruitment of new decent players

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

A lot of things can still change. But my preferred team, with 4-3-3 Γ  la Sarri:
    Courtois – Azpi, Luiz, Rudiger, Alonso – KantΓ©, Jorginho, RLC – Barkley, Batshuayi, Hazard.

I know that RLC is unproven yet, but hopefully he can convince Sarri as he made sacrifice to come back early to training and cut short his vacation. But he has physical attribute and technique both. I don’t put Willian is he is too inconsistent, but he is easily there in Barkley’s place. I also hope that Batshuayi will fluorish under Sarri. Hudson-Odoi is still 17, I can’t see him starting right away. Christensen made too many mistakes last season, and he wasn’t even central defender with Denmark. I think he played defensive midfielder during WC.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Glad to see more positive vibes on here regarding our season than on some other threads

Have to say that I believe that both Hazard and Kante will stay but my big concern, and one that is facing all EPL clubs, is the early closure of the transfer window compared to Europe

On one hand I think it is totally correct that the window should shut before the first game of the season so everyone knows exactly what players you have to work with and loses the disruption of potentially losing/gaining players while the season is underway. However, for the rest of Europe they have until the end of August to conduct business so imagine a scenario where Real or PSG come in for Hazard or Kante with such an offer that the players want to leave. We could lose them and not be able to replace them due to the early closure of our window…!!

Obviously, we should refuse any such offer and make it clear to the playing staff in general that if they have not moved before the start of the season then they are going nowhere. KTBFFH

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 505 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.