2018 Chelsea Transfers

This topic contains 504 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  CFC1905 2 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 505 total)
  • Author

nine nine nine
    • :

Kovocic having medical at Cobham according to SSN’s.

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

OK here are a few of his tweets for those that do not use twitter:

But without getting chance to ask him about #Kepa, #Giroud admitted he is disappointed to see #Courtois leave #cfc: “It’s true that we have not seen him (in training). If he leaves it’s going to be sad for us because he is a great keeper.”

More #Giroud…this time on #Hazard staying at #cfc: “Is it a boost? Yes. He had a very good World Cup and obviously he is a very special player. We want to keep him at Chelsea. it’s a great feeling to play with this kind of player.”

#Kovacic due to have medical at #cfc with #Bakayoko on verge of loan move to AC Milan

I asked #Luiz about #cfc’s imminent signing of #Kepa last night…he said: “He is a great keeper, that is why everybody is talking about him.
    “Does this show the ambition of the club? Yes of course. Chelsea is a big club.” 1/2

More #Luiz on #Kepa’s move to #cfc: “The financial side – every club in the world spends money, not just Chelsea.
    “It doesn’t matter the numbers, we are happy because Chelsea are always doing the best for the club.” 2/2

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

I think we are now waiting to see the official announcement from the club for Kepa and Kovacic. I am not sure Kepa is in the same class as Cech or Courtois. But we don’t have choice. Courtois wants to leave and is even going AWOL. I am looking forward to the new season. Hope that Sarri will solve our scoring problem. Kovacic records say he did not score often neither though.

Blueowner
    Blueowner
    Participant
    • :

This may become a problem for Courtious cause if Real don’t pay enough he can be in limbo for a whole season which he will hate to do. Hopefully he is sold so we get rid of that problem if he stays it could become a distraction.

Blueowner
    Blueowner
    Participant
    • :

It’s reported Chelsea will get about 40m for Courtious which will play half of Kepas price so it’s not too bad for one of the world hottest young keepers.

young_blue
    Participant
    • :

I’m happy we are getting with a player who is happy to play for Chelsea as opposed to our old keeper’s attitudes. Kepa realises that this is a big opportunity for him. And one he can’t afford to miss. He is rumoured to earn similar wages as Courtois was earning at Chelsea. And will pen a 5 year contract. While the £71m looks too much. Think about the long term investments instead of signing a stop gap for £30m. Butland was my choice, but i think Kepa isn’t a bad keeper either. We have a host of Spanish contingent at the club which will make his transition easier. Now go and get Fekir as he will add goals to our midfield/ wide forward. And he is a left footed also. And one more full back may be. If Sarri can unlock Morata’s mental issues.then we will have a team to fear.

nine nine nine
    • :

If Kovacic signs for Chelsea that’s a very good midfield three of Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante and there won’t be many better in the PL.

BlueLion
    BlueLion
    Participant
    • :

nine, agreed mate when you put those three together that is a truly world class midfield.

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

why do I get this feeling now that Morata is going to turn his form right around and start scoring goals for fun. The lack of urgency in signing a quality striker has me thinking the new coach has seen enough at training to convince him we run with what we have got. There haven’t even been any paper rumours since Higuian disappeared off the radar which is rather odd.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

I am pretty certain that Coutois will have sorted out his financial package before deciding to go AWOL – but who knows…?

Think we all agree that the fee for Kepa does bring water to the eyes but that is the market we are in. If he is as good as people claim then we have another bright young prospect who appears keen to play for Chelsea and whose fee is offset by whatever we get for Courtois. Obviously time will tell before we know how good this kid is but here’s hoping he lives up to the reputation and price tag

Totally agree that if we go into any big game with a midfield trio of Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic there will not be many that will better us (assuming of course the 2 new guys settle in well). KTBFFH

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

As Neville said: it’s big shoes to fill for Kepa. Courtois was massive in our title winning seasons. But Kepa decided to take on the challenge. That’s a good attitude. He sees that playing with Chelsea will increase his chances to become Spain no#1 than with Bilbao.

IMO he won’t be able to justify his price tag, noone will. A GK who is more expensive than a striker, it’s absurd but it’s our reality now. So I hope he won’t be affected by the price tag and will perform normally.

About Morata, I have feeling ,as I stated in the other thread, that we will repeat the same mistake as last season. I think last season we did create chances. But the conversion rate by our strikers was just bad. We get used too much to have strikers like Hasselbaink or Drogba or Anelka or Costa who always scored. We did have Kezman, Torres, Shevchenko, even Crespo though but they co-existed with one of those prolific strikers mentioned before. Now Morata co-exists with Giroud, and both aren’t known to be prolific.
    That’s why we need Michy here.

nine nine nine
    • :

Assuming both Kepa and Kovocic sign on the dotted line that’s three top quality signings by Chelsea in Kepa, Kovocic and Jorginho in this window.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Aindro

I not having you put Crespo in that pool with Kezman and Torres. Crespo was one best strikers I’ve seen at the club and I’d do anything for him to be leading our front line right now.

BlueLion
    BlueLion
    Participant
    • :

completely agree, bort. I never understand why Crespo always gets included in the long list of Chelsea flops. The guy was total class.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Transfer round up:

[1] = fake news
    [2] = murmurs
    [3] = consistent reports
    [4] = contact made
    [5] = fee agreed
    [X] = Dead
    [O] = signed

===========================================
    Rumours IN
    [O] GK – Rob Green
    [5] GK – Kepa Arrizabalaga
    [1] GK – Pepe Reina
    [1] GK – Gianluigi Donnarumma
    [1] GK – Petr Cech
    [1] GK – Kasper Schmeichel
    [1] GK – Jordon Pickford
    [X] GK – Jack Butland
    [X] GK – Jan Oblak
    ——————————————-
    [X] CB – Daniele Rugani
    [X] CB – Mattia Caldara
    ——————————————-
    [O] CM – Jorginho
    [5] CM – Mateo Kovačić
    [1] CM – Matías Vecino
    [1] CM – Jack Grealish
    [1] CM – Miralem Pjanić
    [1] CM – Sergej Milinković-Savić
    [1] CM – Aaron Ramsey
    ——————————————-
    [3] AM – Nabil Fekir
    [2] AM – Wilfred Zaha
    [2] AM – Leon Bailey
    [1] AM – Anthony Martial
    [1] AM – Bernard
    [1] AM – Christian Pulisic
    [X] AM – Aleksandr Golovin
    ——————————————-
    [1] ST – Robert Lewandowski
    [X] ST – Gonzalo Higuain

Rumours OUT
    [4] GK – Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid)
    ——————————————-
    [4] CB – Kurt Zouma (Everton)
    [3] CB – Tomáš Kalas
    ——————————————-
    [3] RB – Ola Aina
    ——————————————-
    [4] CM – Tiémoué Bakayoko (AC Milan)
    [3] CM – Danny Drinkwater
    [3] CM – Ruben Loftus-Cheek
    [X] CM – Kante
    ——————————————-
    [X] AM – Willian
    [X] AM – Eden Hazard
    ——————————————-
    [2] ST – Michy Batshuayi
    [X] ST – Alvaro Morata

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Just read that Leicester are considering a move for Drinkwater. Not clear if it is a loan or permanent..? KTBFFH

mwake
    mwake
    Participant
    • :

Pool fan here in piece, dam if you guys get Kovacic then you guys hands down have the best midfield in the premiership. Even though we have upgraded our midfield with Keita and Fabinho I think yours would trump that!

The only thing you guys are missing in that midfield is a attacking edge. Kante and jorgino are deeper lying players in general, Kovacic is box to box, but if you get Fekir or similar then that’s the perfect blend. I’m jealous lol

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

bort & bluelion I did not mean to put Crespo in the same class as flops, but he simply did not play enough matches for us I think. I remember he was loaned-out to Milan, to Italy for most of his tenure with us.

A news from today: https://www.caughtoffside.com/2018/08/08/mauro-icardi-chelsea-transfer-bid-urged-by-maurizio-sarri/
    Hope that it’s true.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Word is that both Tammy and Michy will be loaned out.

I really hope that means we are in for either Zaha or Fekir.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Viewing 20 posts - 221 through 240 (of 505 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.