2018 Chelsea Transfers

This topic contains 504 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  CFC1905 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 505 total)
  • Author
    aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

bort: Fekir or Zaha would help our attack. But what’s missing in our squad is a goalscoring striker. For wide attackers, we already have Hazard, Willian, Pedro, CHO. So IMO we need more Icardi than Fekir / Zaha

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Official:

Courtois OUT —>
    Kovacic IN <—

nine nine nine
    • :

I can’t see us being able to buy anyone else significant without making a big sale we will have spent circa £90m net after the completion of the Kepa/ Courtois deals and rightly or wrongly the club are 100% commited to complying to the FFP rules.

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

I can’t see us making a big sale honestly. The biggest money we can get after Courtois sale may be from Drinkwater. And IMO it would be circa 20 – 25m, not more.

Assuming that Kovacic and Kepa sign, players I think should go:
    Defs: Zouma, hopefully a sale to generate money; one of Zappa or Moses, in preference Zappa as Moses is HG;
    Mids: Drinkwater, Bakayoko, RLC
    Fwds: Morata! let’s get money from selling him. We can get around 40m I reckon. But it’s unlikely though as Sarri seems to want to work with him. As rumours say: probably it’s Michy who will be loaned-out.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Kepa Official 7 year contract

nine nine nine
    • :

7 year Contract too!

nine nine nine
    • :

Courtois farewell message.

“Hello CFC Family,’ Courtois began. ‘With these few words I would like to express my heartfelt gratitude for the four fantastic years that have passed. Chelsea FC will always have a special place in my heart. ‘I was only nineteen years old when the club showed a great belief in my abilities. The fact that such a big club was already following me was like a dream come true. The decision to first send me away helped me to grow into a goalkeeper fit for Chelsea FC. ‘When I returned, I was very happy to be part of one of the biggest teams in the world. I fulfilled a childhood dream playing in the Premier League, therefore I am really proud that we were able to win two Premier League titles, a League Cup and a FA cup! ‘A huge thank you to all my teammates and technical staff over the past four years who I shared this success and amazing moments with, both on and off the pitch. ‘The team would never be successfull without the help of all the other members who are devoted to the players and the club, such as the medical department, kit men and all the others who I can’t thank separately! Courtois won the FA Cup and two Premier League titles at Chelsea (Picture: Reuters) ‘Last but not least I want to thank the fans for their great support over the years. I hope you understand that being closer to my kids was considerable in my decision. ‘I wish you all the best for the future. It was a great honour to be part of the CFC Family.’ Chelsea fans quickly picked up on the Facebook post, but Courtois then decided to delete the heartfelt message. Perhaps it was the angry responses which prompted Courtois to remove the post, but it may be his switch to Madrid is not yet completed”. Unfortunately, that message was deleted about 30 minutes later for reasons unknown at this point.

If Chelsea get drawn against Real Madrid in a European competition I think Courtois can be assured of a warm welcome from the Chelsea fans.😊

Zizi
    Participant
    • :

80 Million spent on a keeper!! So i guess Mr Abramovic is going nowhere then!!

Romansdirtypants
    Romansdirtypants
    Spectator
    • :

9’s. Means the deal is worth ten million a season over the course of the contract for ffp? Help us out in that one.

That’s a big smile and a tbo sized jersey from our new keeper! Mr zazaza… welcome to the club.

NIBlue
    NIBlue
    Participant
    • :

Hope the club chose the option to loan Zouma to Everton as opposed to sell to United. Cahill and or Luiz are coming to the end of their Chelsea careers and it would be good to have someone to slot back into the team when they leave.

Bakayoko and Drinkwater I feel will be surplus too and could generate a few pound.

Then there also has to be a question mark over Cesc. I am not convinced he is a Sarri style player.

For once we may see some astute transfer activity by the club and a few will be offloaded abroad as opposed to direct rivals after the deadline tomorrow evening!!!

nine nine nine
    • :

It all adds up Roman you can add that to the £12m a season for Morata plus wages same for Jorginho etc etc etc and check out our average net spend over the last few seasons £76m net last season for instance.

Chelsea historically sell to buy and we’ve only sold Courtois so far.

Last reported fy we made a net profit of just £15m and we have to be self sufficient.

Stuilse
    Stuilse
    Participant
    • :

Three great signings…pity the one is only a 12 month loan. Have a feeling we haven’t finished either. Reckon another surprise or two before the 5-00pm deadline hour tomorrow 😉

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

Things are starting to look better as we have a replacement Kepa than apparently can keep and may be in the market for some Fekir that is pretty good also. Thank goodness for that.

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

#should read that apparently can keep

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Firstly I would say well done to the board for the business done to date. Expensive keeper but with a great deal of potential and one they claim they have been monitoring as well. Obviously quite a lot of faith to give him a 7 year contract so lets hope he measures up. Welcome

Kovacic to be finally confirmed but another good signing even as a loan and I think you will be hard pushed to find a stronger midfield. Again, well done to the board and welcome

Still strong rumours of a move for Fekir and apparently discussions did take place on Tuesday night. Watch this space I guess…?

Agree that we should only loan Zouma as he still has 5 years or so of his contract remaining and another solid year would confirm he is well over his injury and can be seen as a replacement for Cahill or Luiz next season (potentially but watch out for Ampadu)

Starting to look forward to the season with much more renewed hope so long as we can start to convert our chances. Will be interesting to see who goes out today as a direct sale or on loan. KTBFFH

nine nine nine
    • :

Agree with 1905’s sentiments definitely a much better window from us than last season’s.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

My main concern now is the time until the overseas window is closed and whether or not we will hear Courtois start claiming what a great club Real is and that Hazard should join him there….!! We have to resist that all costs. KTBFFH

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

‘It’s worth noting that while the window shuts at 5pm for Premier League sides, the window will remain open for the rest of Europe until the end of the month. EFL clubs are also permitted to recruit loan signings from Premier League sides after today and until the end of the month, meaning Thursday effectively only marks a ‘soft deadline day’ for those in the Championship and below.’

So after the deadline at 5PM Thursday none of our players can be poached either by other clubs in Europe. Is that how I read it?

liquidator
    liquidator
    Participant
    • :

So a Spanish player signs with a troubling six syllable surname beginning with A – I vote we call him Kev.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

1967 – my understanding is that clubs can sell to Europe but we cannot buy to replace them. That was my concern in the previous post but that is assuming I have understood correctly…? KTBFFH

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 505 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.