2018 Chelsea Transfers

This topic contains 504 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  CFC1905 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 505 total)
  • Author
    Romansdirtypants
    Romansdirtypants
    Spectator
    • :

Liquids… Kev? Dave? got to be something better. Think there’s already a chant for him though… ziga zaga? 🙂

Looking forward to seeing chelsea’s new number one.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Taken from the BBC:
    Although Kepa conceded 43 goals in 30 league games last season, that was mainly due to the deficiencies of the weak team in front of him.

His greatest assets are lightning-fast reflexes, allowing him to make stunning close-range stops, and calm composure in even the most frenetic of penalty areas.

And although eyebrows have been raised by the huge fee for a player with just two seasons of top flight experience, the consensus in Spain regards Kepa as the country’s best young goalkeeper with a very bright future:

Fingers crossed this is accurate. Welcome Kev…? KTBFFH

Stuilse
    Stuilse
    Participant
    • :

Three players in so far, three probable starters. If it’s 4-3-3 a starting 11 of Kepa, Dave, Rudiger, Luiz, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic, Willian, Hazard and Morata isn’t bad at all. Surely Morata can come right by all the quality around him.

Romansdirtypants
    Romansdirtypants
    Spectator
    • :

Stuilse. There are two question marks over that team you mention. 1) David Luiz. 2) Alonso.
    Luiz has not played a lot of football this year, It’s been two years since we’ve seen him at his best. He is also, imo, more comfortable as the main man in the middle of a three. Im not sure we’ll see the best of him in a back four. the same I believe for Alonso. We know he’s quality as a wing back. We know he puts in a shift. But is it fair comment to ask how good he’ll be in a back four in a more conventional role. Those are the questions for me… Palmieri I think will naturally replace Alonso and I think should we see the frailties we did against City in the Charity shield where they attacked our left side of defence, hilighting a lack of understanding between Alonso and Luiz, Christiensen might return to Partner Rudiger.

I honestly think Morata will come good. He torre the league a new one when he first signed and then missed some pretty big one on ones and continued to suffer after those games. Barkley will be a great signing if he can perform consistenly, then there are the young guns who will get game time and develop.

New man, new season, new start for all. Looking forward to the new campaign and of course Willian and Hazard remaining at the club.

I bet one or two teams are looking over their shoulder… Only trouble with this season is the fall in performances caused by Late night Thursday travels in the Europa spilling over into the weekend games. Hopefully we’ll miss ties with eastern Europe. Proper excited again…

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Agree about the concerns over Luiz and also feel he is much better suited to a back 3. I feel in a 4 he has to make decisions earlier and we know he is prone to rash decisions, however, it looks as though he will have better protection than before and he does lead by example. Would not be surprised to see Luiz start the season but Christensen finishes it…?

Not so sure I have the same concerns for /Alonso and would like hi to be given time to adapt to what is effectively a new role for him

In the same boat as RDP regarding Morata. I like this guy and feel his game has already improved and should continue to do so with the extra quality around him but he does need to find the net and soon to start feeling the confidence around him. I do think the completely different approach we will see from Sarri, as opposed to the man expected to hold the ball up, will suit Morata but he needs to do the business. If he does then I see no reason why the top 4 cannot be achieved. KTBFFH

nine nine nine
    • :

“Kev” Good call T.😊

nine nine nine
    • :

Predictably Courtois kisses the Real Madrid badge. Be funny if he can’t displace Navas.

nine nine nine
    • :

Stuilse@10:50am Stuilse,that looks like probably our best team to me too. And it doesn’t look to shabby ether.

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

Welcome Kepa and Kovacic. Now we need to offload some other central midfielders. I still think Luiz is superior than Christensen. But yes, he did not play well against City. I would love to see Ampadu being partnered with Rudiger. He is very mature for a 17 years old boy.

Kepa, it will be difficult to replace Courtois. But he has potential and I really hope he will become one of our legends, like Cech. Courtois, how good he is, won’t be a legend at Chelsea. As a GK, it’s a pity we lost him, but as a person, I don’t think he has good characters. He constantly talked ‘negative’ to the press.

I also have feeling that Emerson will start, not Alonso. He is Italy international and I don’t see Alonso is comfortable in the back four.

Anyway, I see Kepa and Kovacic as good signings! And I appreciated club’s effort to react quickly to get Kepa (not too much negotiation that may lead to nowhere) and to get the most in Courtois’s sale.

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

the cat mark 2 – I loved Peter Bonetti our champion keeper of the 60s and 70s – check Kepa out and compare.

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

video of Kovacic. Wow agree we have a massive midfield now. Hopefully in the Europa group stage we can afford to play others and rest them and still progress without too many issues. They being available if things got dicey points wise. Same with the domestic cups – keep them on the bench in case we need them. Exciting times ahead. Who said our management had no plan?

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

Sevilla appear to have been edged out by Valencia in the race to sign Chelsea striker Michy Batshuayi – that’s according to Mundo Deportivo. Wonder who is coming in to replace him?

BlueLion
    BlueLion
    Participant
    • :

1967, well it doesn’t look like it will be Fekir to replace him. According to Lyons twitter, Fekir will present the world cup to the crowd at their first home game. Maybe we are going with Morata, Giroud and Tammy? A big risk, in my opinion, and the only weak area in what is now a pretty formidable team. Will be a shame if we still lack goals after all this.

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

Still reasonably confident BLUE LION. I would prefer to have kept Michy and sent Tammy out on loan. Not sure if Bats is being sold or lent however my thoughts are they may be looking for silly money from a Bats sale to help balance the books and taking the risk you are alluding to.

BlueLion
    BlueLion
    Participant
    • :

agreed mate, we need to make some sales rather than loaning out players. Balance the books a bit, especially if we are planning another signing. At least we have a bit longer in the month to still sell to European teams.

I’d love to see a last minute signing though. Fekir, Martial or Zaha? Which one would you guys take?

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

Agree as we’re in the negative big time. We need to sell. Baka I think will go to Milan with an option to buy. One sale we can make would be Zouma to Everton or to Man Utd. We should get around 20-25m I guess. And Drinkwater to WHU, same amount 20-25m.

And as BlueLion stated, we seem to have submitted a bid to OL for Fekir.
    Jean-Michel Aulas (@JM_Aulas), président de l’@OL dit oui à l’offre de Chelsea pour # Fékir! (@RMCsport )

Would be great if we can sign him although we already have Hazard and Willian and Pedro.

Romansdirtypants
    Romansdirtypants
    Spectator
    • :

I reckon Michy is probably costing 15 million for the season in loan fees given how much other midfielders are said to be fetching for their talents. Making money and retaining the right to make more money selling on… sensible, but I’d have liked to have seen him at the club this year.

Either way, happy with the way things are shaping up. To the season we go.

nine nine nine
    • :

“I came back from holiday on the 23rd and a few days into training I knew the interest. There had been prior offers from Chelsea, but Athletic don’t usually care about the interest. But I had known about the interest for a while.” From the Kepa press conference. Seemingly we’ve been tracking him for a while.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

big reports coming out of France that we have lodged a 60m eur bid for Fekir. Issue seems to be whether he wants to leave or not

Could that be tied into the Michy move which I understand to be a loan only. Did read the other day that we could go into the season with Tammy as no.3 which may not be a bad thing so long as he gets some game time and learns

Less than 2 hours to go now and not heard much about Bakayoko and Milan either…!! KTBFFH

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

999 – exactly what Marina said in her interview and with Sarri knowing him as well maybe our board are not so nieve..? KTBFFH

Viewing 20 posts - 261 through 280 (of 505 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.