2018 Chelsea Transfers

This topic contains 504 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  CFC1905 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 505 total)
  • Author

nine nine nine
    • :

1905, I agree but few on here will.😊

nine nine nine
    • :

“If he can come, it would be fantastic,” he said. He is very happy that I am here, he is a great player and I would like to be always at his side, let’s see what happens in the future.” Courtois talking about Hazard at his Real unveiling.

What a snake!🐍

Realistically though if Hazard doesn’t sign a new contract by January he will be gone in the Summer.

BlueLion
    BlueLion
    Participant
    • :

Courtois was trouble from day one, and the club bent over backwards for that arrogant lanky c*nt. I won’t ever even consider him to have been a Chelsea player. It’s not often I wish a career ending injury on a player, especially one who played for us, but I’d love to see him taken out on his debut.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Hold on a minute “this was a good window” Im not having it. I think this is the worst window in 15+ years:

– We just sold and lost a proven worldclass keeper for tuppance.
    – We just purchased a completely unknown keeper with little to no CV for a outrageous world record fee, which has more chance of backfiring than anything else.
    – We haven’t improved the squad only weakened it with this keeper swap. Worldclass player for not a player that “might” become worldclass.
    – We didn’t bring in one player that will bring what we actually need, which is goals!!!
    – We wasted 6 weeks of the window doing nothing and left everything to the last minute now we have almost no real prep for the season.

The only positive is at least we bought in Jorginho and Kovacic who is gone again next summer but again these player don’t bring goals they just bring passing.

Shocking window and shocking planning all round.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

This window was the window where we needed to sign some players that show some ambition to get Hazard to sign a new contract.

He will not be signing after the lack of ambition show.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Transfer round up (removed all the fake news):

[1] = fake news
    [2] = murmurs
    [3] = consistent reports
    [4] = contact made
    [5] = fee agreed
    [X] = Dead
    [O] = signed

===========================================
    Rumours IN
    [O] GK – Rob Green
    [O] GK – Kepa Arrizabalaga
    [X] GK – Jack Butland
    [X] GK – Jan Oblak
    ——————————————-
    [X] CB – Daniele Rugani
    [X] CB – Mattia Caldara
    ——————————————-
    [O] CM – Jorginho
    [O] CM – Mateo Kovačić
    ——————————————-
    [X] AM – Aleksandr Golovin
    [X] AM – Wilfred Zaha
    ——————————————-
    [X] ST – Gonzalo Higuain

Rumours OUT
    [O] GK – Thibaut Courtois (Real Madrid)
    ——————————————-
    [5] CB – Kurt Zouma (Everton)
    [3] CB – Tomáš Kalas
    ——————————————-
    [3] RB – Ola Aina
    ——————————————-
    [4] CM – Tiémoué Bakayoko (AC Milan)
    [3] CM – Danny Drinkwater
    [3] CM – Ruben Loftus-Cheek
    [X] CM – Kante
    ——————————————-
    [X] AM – Willian
    [X] AM – Eden Hazard
    ——————————————-
    [3] ST – Tammy Abraham
    [3] ST – Michy Batshuayi
    [X] ST – Alvaro Morata

Zizi
    Participant
    • :

Lots of valid points in your assessment there Bort but this keeper might turn out to be a world class for us and according to the reviews i have seen, he’s equal to Courtois if not better as is.
    As for the rest, the biggest positive is the uncertainty surrounding the club and Abramovic seems to be over, you don’t spend all these amount of money on a club your not interested in anymore, so for me that’s one huge positive step in the right direction. the capture of Jorginho and Kovacic will definately bolster our midfield which is another step in the right direction, add that to the emerging talents of CHO and Ampadu and if the players adapt to Sarri’s philosophy we might be in for an exciting season, so lots to be positive about albeit being short of strikers and goals as you rightly aired.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Looks like Zouma to Everton on loan will go thorough

As per my previous concern, it did not take courtois too long to start trying to lure Hazard to Real – 3 hours tops…!! Fully expected and so should the Club be as well. Think we need to push hard to get Hazard to extend his contract so we have a clear idea of what to do next year in terms of replacing him on the assumption he does not sign and will look to move

Not seen any further updates on Michy or Fekir so far and less than 20 minutes to go. KTBFFH

BlueLion
    BlueLion
    Participant
    • :

According to reports Chelsea agreed personal terms with Fekir but ran out of time to get the deal over the line with Lyon. To be continued in January?

nine nine nine
    • :

Not sure about that BL there’s an extension until 7pm to conclude all deals???

nine nine nine
    • :

I’m not sure spending over £120m on two players plus getting Kovacic in shows a lack of ambition bort. There’s a limit to what Chelsea can spend now due to FFP without selling players and at £90m net we were probably on or close to our limit.

Hazard won’t go this season but he might next Summer. Like Courtois if a player doesn’t want to be at the club we should sell them hopefully we have a good season Hazard enjoys himself playing under Sarri in front of probably the best midfield in the PL and he wants to stay on if not it’s disappointing but Chelsea existed before Hazard and will exist after him.

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

I think that’s it for us. I don’t see how we can bring Fekir as the window is closed.

We did not bring a striker, but I think this means that Sarri is happy with the strikers we have. We lost Courtois who is a world class GK, but what can we do. It’s a mistake we made that we did not sell him earlier. The guy was always mentioning about Spain anyway. Hope that we’ll have a good season so that Hazard will sign.

Jorginho and Kovacic I think are very good signings.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Nine

Kepa was not ambition it was a panic buy due to our poor handling of the Courtois situation over the past 12 months.

Kovacic isn’t ambition as it’s a loan. He is a Chelsea player for the next 9 months and thats it.

Jorginho was the only legit ambitious signing because he was being scouted by top teams.

No one wanted the others.

nine nine nine
    • :

The worst window in 15+ years? It’s all about opinions mate but that one strikes me as being a tad extreme bort but if that’s the way you see it fair enough.

As a club we mismanaged the Courtois situation but Courtois hasn’t helped which led us to go for Kepa it’s a lot of money but he is a fine young Keeper a brilliant reflexes and a great shot stopper albeit he needs some work on crosses and the signing of Jorginho and Kovacic to play alongside Kante gives us probably the best midfield three in the PL.

We’re still short of a guaranteed goalscorer which is a worry had we signed one I would call it a perfect window.

Imagine being a Spurs fan. Spurs have become the first PL team in transfer window history to sign no one in the Summer window.

Let’s see where what we’ve got takes us.

Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    • :

Was watching the Women’s under 20 world cup and the finishing was amazing. I understand its all relative but I’m convinced they could do a better job than any of our strikers.

nine nine nine
    • :

bort, you see it as glass half empty I see it as glass half full and seemingly the majority on here are relatively positive about this window so we will have to agree to disagree.

Agree with you about the Courtois situation as I’ve stated on here numerous times previously.

We are where we are now mate let’s just hope for a half decent season. Cheers 999

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Nine

This guy puts it right:

Also “imagine being a Spurs fan”:

What that team that has a much better team than us and that retained all it’s top players this window? Sorry this is hard to say but, you have to think that there were very few players available in the market that would improve that Spurs team for the money they are willing to spend and I think they are smart to not buy anyone rather than go blow £60m like we did last Summer on Zappacosta and Drinkwater. Instead they will probably give the spots/game time to up and coming youth talents.

nine nine nine
    • :

All about different opinions mate and this site would be a boring place if we all saw things the same way.

Let’s hope Liam’s right and “Jorginho, Kepa & Kovacic may all prove quality contributors now/in the coming years.” Then how we got there wont matter.☺️ Cheers 999

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

Glad the window is closed and this thread effectively as well. It will be good to move on and support our football club and, hopefully, leave any negativity behind. I guess only performance and results will determine that. Enjoy the season lads 🙂

Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    • :

Still think Kovacic is a bad deal cause we developing a player for Real Madrid and blocking the progress of RLC and Barkley too mention only 2. We been left with too many midfielders and there’s going to be a lot of unhappiness regarding game time.

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 505 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.