2018 Chelsea Transfers

This topic contains 504 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  CFC1905 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 505 total)
  • Author

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Still a bit early to determine the ideal team but if asked to make a call now my choice would be (and assuming all are staying):
    Courtois, Dave, Christensen, Rudiger, Alonso, Kante, Jorginho, Luiz (yes in the middle), Hazard, Willian and either Morata or Michy

Would like to see who reacts better to the Sarri style of play but I have a feeling in my bones that Michy will relish this and find a new lease of life

As for Luiz, I know he has played at the back but I still have concerns over some rash challenges but feel we need him in the team so I would like to see him marauding in the middle and backing up the strikers (and as my preferred captain). Feel he could be a revelation…?

As for Christensen, yes he is young and made some mistakes last season but he has to be seen as the future and playing alongside Rudiger should help his game…? KTBFFH

Blueowner
    Blueowner
    Participant
    • :

Like the idea of Barkley and Luiz playing decent roles however I am very unsure about Michy. Even in the world cup while he was on had a hatfull of chances and scored only one basically easy chance. Squad players that have no chance of making a decent contribution need to be offloaded to make way for those that can do well. As far as the strike force is concerned Giroud, Abraham and one of either Morata or Michy is my preference with what we currently have.

nine nine nine
    • :

Mignolet to Barca means Cillisen must be going somewhere?

nine nine nine
    • :

I have a feeling that Luiz may become a key player in Sarri’s set up because of his ability to play the ball out from the back and on that basis I think the most likely starting eleven based on current players is:

Courtois

Azpi
    Luiz
    Rudiger
    Alonso

Barkley
    Jorginho
    Kante

Hazard
    Morata
    Willian.

The Barkley position is the most interesting because it could be anyone of three in there currently from Barkley/Cecs/RLC and seemingly we’re still searching for midfielders too .

Romansdirtypants
    Romansdirtypants
    Spectator
    • :

To those suggesting Luiz might be an answer or solution to our defence. Yes, Yes, Yes… We know when he’s in the mood he is phenomenal. Sadly, we see too much of the wrong side of Mr Luiz on the pitch.

Having him back in the side will be a big bonus for Sarri and the club. Big character marginalised under Conte. Never far away from controversy, but what a player when it all clicks into place and by all accounts over the years a big heart and passionate player. Im critical of him when he goes awol on the pitch, but really enjoy watching him play and enjoy the needle in his games at times. That battle with Ageuro being a great sporting rivalry…

Im simply trying to work out who goes into my fantasy team. Luiz, Christiensen, or Rudiger… its a very good defensive unit.. title winning one at that in the past few seasons.

Im still not sure he’s a midfielder, neither have two other managers, but lets see more of him this season. The guy is a proven winner with us and PSG.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

I feel certain that Luiz will play a big part this season and I would like to see him made captain. He is dynamic, infectious, brilliant, erratic but a born leader who also galvanises the crowd

If Luiz is to play in defence then my preference in midfield is Barkley and for him to fight it out with RLC assuming he gets his attitude sorted. Personally, never been a fan of Fabregas so he can leave. KTBFFH

nine nine nine
    • :

1905,I would go with Hazard as Captain if helpd to persuade him to stay and sign a new contract. But I agree Luiz would make a good Captain.

nine nine nine
    • :

Sounds to me like Chelsea have put offers in for Butland but haven’t yet offered enough yet?

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

I am hoping Barkley will be free of injury and will show a consistent performance for us. We do need some English blood and Barkley and RLC could become our new backbone.
    It’s too early to say now, we’ll see. Luiz has good long range passes and I think it’s a valuable asset for Sarri. I also believe he will be starter for us.
    And I think he has to be partnered with Rudiger, who offers completely something else: toughness, roughness. And I won’t be surprised if Azpi won’t be starter as his attacking capacity is limited.
    Moses could very well take his place in Sarri’s 4-3-3. The full backs will have an enormous role in this system, both in attack and in defense.
    And we offer Kanté to be our highest paid player, hope that Hazard sees that ambition from our club and sign the new contract.
    Now GK, looks like Courtois is gone. It’s now becoming our no#1 priority to find a new GK. We may try to submit 60m to get Oblak…

Romansdirtypants
    Romansdirtypants
    Spectator
    • :

Butland saves.

One or two in this compilation are a bit Hollywood. But you have to say that his stregnths are comanding his six yard box. His positioning is excellent, he has an ability to knock the ball away from dangerous areas. One on one… yeah he’s better than Tbo in my humble opinion and he has the body shape of Peter Schmeichel in the way he makes himself big.

He went to the world cup for a reason, I think only pipped to the number one jersey because Jordan Pickfords distribution is better.

United were looking at him as a replacement for Degea. And interestingly, some good hots of him in training here with this article but he’s taken a 50 percent pay cut with relegation. the training shots suggest a very strong pair of wrists too… all the better for beating a ball away from goal. https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/stoke-city-jack-butland-contract-1750391

Lets see what happens but we could do far worse.

liquidator
    liquidator
    Participant
    • :

Had a read through this page, but cant be arsed to go throught the main summer window thread, so I am not sure if views similar to mine have already had a good airing – in which case – apologies. Anyway, my current thinking is that we must get the GK position sorted out. If possible sell Courtois as he will walk for free next summer and sign Butland who must be gagging for us to put in a bid. As for the rest of the squad, with the addition of the seemingly superb Jorgeinho I do not feel there are any obvious weaknesses, and if anything we should be looking to offload (Baka and Drinkwater certainly). Unless we bring in Lewandowski, which I cant see happening I believe Morata’s obvious but as yet unfulfilled talent and Giroud, who undoubtedly improved us last season should see us through. We have cover in all positions and the likes of Moses, Azpi, Luiz and Barclay can cover more than one position. Of course if we can bring in real top top quality I would love to see it, but as a squad, assuming we sort out the keeper position, I think we are in good nick.

nine nine nine
    • :

I think we need to push on in the Goalkeeping area and replace Courtois in the next 8 days.

I see no value in keeping Courtois when he doesn’t want to be at the club and will be counting the days until he can leave and Courtois will almost certainly sign a pre contract with Real in January which will add to the disruption.

I would only keep Courtois in an emergency now and only if we find it impossible secure a suitable replacement.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Apparently Courtois has stated he will not sign a new contract and is prepared to let his contract run down

Not the right attitude we need at the Club (IMO) so lets bite the bullet and go get a replacement now. KTBFFH

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Aindro – Dave may be limited going forward historically but there was not a better crosser of the ball for Morata last year. Regardless, he is still Mr. Reliable and that counts for a lot so I think that he will get the nod and if anyone was to rival his position for me, it would be Zappa all day long

I think that Moses is now not a decent winger due to working on his defensive side but is not a natural defender and would be exposed. Personally, he is one player who I would let go but I could see the argument that he could be a decent squad player to provide solid cover. KTBFFH

nine nine nine
    • :

Liquidator, good to see you back on here hopefully it will be on a regular basis work permitting. Cheers 999

nine nine nine
    • :

Klopp on the Goalkeeper market.

Everybody thinks it’s a lot of money. It is a lot of money. But he could’ve left for crazy money.

“The clause for Oblak, for example, is €100 million, so nice! And that’s it in this year where obviously a few things happen on the goalkeeper position.

“That’s part of the job, to try to bring the best players you can get.

“The goalkeeper market is different because it’s not each year that there is anybody available and stuff like that.

“We didn’t know exactly if Alisson is available or not, but from a specific moment we realised obviously he is available and that’s what the moment when we decided we want to go for him.”

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

IMO, Butland is a good keeper

Stoke have been relegated and are keen to hang on to their squad as much as possible but I hear that he took a pay cut to remain at the club. We can offer more than what he was on in the first place, a much better set of players, European football and the significant improvement of his chances of winning silverware should he choose to move

Logically it is a no brainer for him but of course Stoke know that and will have to find a replacement as well so will ask for more than what he is worth. However, we should see this as a long term investment and so just pay what they want or offer player exchange as well. Regardless, get the deal done. KTBFFH

nine nine nine
    • :

1905, you would think that what we sell Courtois for will be enough to secure Butland, as the tag line for our kit sponsors says.

Just do it!😊

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

999 – there should be no way that Butland is more expensive than Courtois but the reality is that Stoke will ask for as much as they can get but clearly the Courtois fee should cover the majority if not all of the Butland fee. Cannot understand why we continue to mull this over…? KTBFFH

liquidator
    liquidator
    Participant
    • :

999 – Yes, bit of a summer lull – thank goodness! Hopefully I will be able to continue contributing for a while. CFC1905. You could certainly argue that we have enough cover at full back and winger on both sides, especially if we keep Hudson-Odei in the squad, so on that basis maybe Moses is dispensable. However, given he has been a pretty good and reliable performer for the last two years, I think it would be harsh to bin him out, and given he is more versatile than Zappacosta, I think the latter would be nearer my list of players to move on.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 505 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.