2018 Chelsea Transfers

This topic contains 504 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  CFC1905 4 years ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 505 total)
  • Author
    aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

liquidator and CFC1905: don’t forget that Moses is a home-grown. I think he should be valued higher than Zappa.

GK Courtois is valued around 30m. I really don’t think Butland is in the same bracket than Courtois, but I really think that buying him from Stoke will cost us way more than 30m. Pickford cost 30m when he moved to Everton from a relegated Sunderland. For an English GK, I believe Stoke won’t let him go for at least 40m. Hence it may be better to look elsewhere. My prefered choice is still Areola of PSG. Young, tall, a French international and a world cup winner. And PSG have Buffon and Trapp already.

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Lets be real guys we’ve been down this road the last two summers.

Chelsea are leaving it too late again. There are 8 days of the window left and you wont see any significant activity from Chelsea until 2 days left and even then don’t expect any top quality signings because it’s not going to happen this late.

Who ever is drawing up the summer transfer plans clearly has no real cemented direction or idea of what they are doing and what targets they are dead set on. We simply go for the economic choice rather than the choice that improves the squad.

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

bort this time it is a bit different. We appointed our manager late. There was World Cup too where players were focusing on their country instead of their club.

I also think that we won’t be able to find any replacement for whoever will leave. The closest rumour is Courtois. But a more and more distant rumour is Hazard, Willian and probably KantΓ©. IMO we should reject any advance to any of our player. We may gain money but we will have difficulty to find replacement.

If I were the manager or the board: I would reject any offer for anyone. Simply there won’t be enough time. Courtois can walk out for free next summer, so be it. Rather than sacrificing our upcoming season. Like Bayern that consistenly say that Lewandowski is not for sale.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

While I appreciate that we must consider the home grown rule for me it should not be a dictating factor. The better players should remain

I am reading that we may still opt for Hart in goal as a cheap short(ish) term option which would also add another home grown and while we all know that he is prone to mistakes there is no doubt he is a very experienced keeper who still harbours thoughts on England and the Euro’s so possible motivation to do well there…? Not ideal I know but lets wait and see

Also see us linked with Grealish again for the midfield. Good to take another player away from spurs but not sure that he is Chelsea quality although apparently JT has provided some good reviews after his time at Villa last season

Time is running out, only a week to go, and I think there will be some late trading but largely based on Sarri having the chance to speak to the returning players face to face before he makes any decisions. KTBFFH

nine nine nine
    • :

We need a Keeper and a striker Marcin Bulka looks quite interesting and I wonder whether we have the solution to solving the Courtois problem within the Club he’s only contracted until 2019 so that’s something that should be sorted out quickly either way.

I can’t see where we can find a qualty striker with a week to go of the window so we will probably have to persevere with what we have I would be tempted to give Tammy a go versus City.

I suspect it’s going to be an intersting 8 days and not just for us.

Redart
    Redart
    Participant
    • :

1905 if the rules are what they are how can you say the home grown rule should not be the deciding factor, we have brought in a manager or call him a coach that is not a proven winner but plays a game that is attractive to watch, fans should make up their minds what they want?

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

We have won leagues without a full compliment of home grown players so why should this season be different. I do not want to “waste” a potential chance to secure an overseas player just to retain an average home grown one

The fans have absolutely no choice in what they want as they do not influence the recruitment policy of the Club at all. Personally, I want to be a winner and if the football is not that attractive then not a concern for me – so Conte fitted the bill perfectly apart from the constant whinging

Hoping that Sarri makes the transition to being a winner in which case we get the best of both worlds but I am certainly NOT in the camp of attending matches to see “nice attractive football” and walking out of the ground with no points every week…!! KTBFFH

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

Congrats to Hudson-Odoi, a member of the squad for the season. Something extremely positive.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Noticing that Zouma is still marked as out on loan and that his previous shirt number has been given to Jorghino so wonder if the writing is on the wall for him…?

I believe he is actually back with Chelsea but do not believe that he has featured to date and yet he still has about 5 years left on his contract that he signed just before we let him leave for Stoke

If we do not want him then why not suggest a swap plus cash for Butland…?

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

what is the latest re Courtois? We need to get rid and get some cash. To let him make an arrangement in January and leave on a free would be a disaster.

liquidator
    liquidator
    Participant
    • :

CFC1905 – I’m less than convinced Zappacosta is better than Moses, and given the latter’s versatility and the very good point aindro makes about Moses being a homegrown, its a bit of a no brainer to me to retain Moses rather than Zappa. If Zappa was clearly superior to Moses then I would agree the homegrown thing is not so important, but IMHO, he isn’t. However, ultimately my opinion counts for nothing, and we will see what Sarri does.

liquidator
    liquidator
    Participant
    • :

CFC1905 – I think Grealish is a very promising talent, but is he better than a fully fit and confident Barclay or RLC? Probably not. Those two are probably fighting for one midfield spot as it is with the two other taken by Jorgeinho and Kante, and I would be fed up if we sign him and send RLC on loan again.

Good point on Zouma maybe being part of a package on Butland. I like Zouma, but we are well covered for CBs, and the need for a top class keeper is far more pressing.

nine nine nine
    • :

I can see a deadline day deal for someone like Butland and Courtois being held back until circa August 31st whilst we try and extract the maximum for him from Real.

CFC1905
    Participant
    • :

Not knowing the make up of the squad maybe we can keep both Moses and Zappa but if one has to go then clearly Sarri has a decision to make..?

Not even convinced that Grealish is better than Drinkwater apart from being younger. Not clear to me how accurate that is but if we are playing 3 in the middle then we do need cover as Jorginho will find his first season harder and much different to plaing in Italy. Kante can run forever but should still get a break now and then and the 3rd role is up for grabs but if looking for cover as well we still have Fabregas, RLC, Bakayoko, and Barkley to choose from so unsure as to why we keep being linked with another midfield player unless Sarri wants someone of the same calibre as Jorginho and Kante but with a slightly different role..? KTBFFH

chelsea1967
    chelsea1967
    Participant
    • :

Welcome back Liquidator. Good to see you posting again even if it is only occasional πŸ™‚

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :

Transfer round up:

[1] = fake news
    [2] = murmurs
    [3] = consistent reports
    [4] = contact made
    [5] = fee agreed
    [X] = Dead
    [O] = signed

===========================================
    Rumours IN
    [O] GK – Rob Green
    [2] GK – Pepe Reina
    [2] GK – Gianluigi Donnarumma
    [2] GK – Petr Cech
    [2] GK – Kasper Schmeichel
    [2] GK – Jordon Pickford
    [2] GK – Jack Butland
    β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”-
    [2] CB – Daniele Rugani
    [2] CB – Mattia Caldara
    [O] CM – Jorginho
    [1] CM – Miralem PjaniΔ‡
    [2] CM – Sergej MilinkoviΔ‡-SaviΔ‡
    [2] CM – Aaron Ramsey
    [4] CM – MatΓ­as Vecino
    [2] CM – Jack Grealish
    [X] AM – Aleksandr Golovin
    [2] AM – Leon Bailey
    [2] AM – Anthony Martial
    [2] AM – Bernard
    [2] AM – Christian Pulisic
    [1] ST – Gonzalo Higuain
    [1] ST – Robert Lewandowski

Rumours OUT
    [3] GK – Thibaut Courtois
    [3] CB – Kurt Zouma
    [2] CB – TomΓ‘Ε‘ Kalas
    [3] CM – Danny Drinkwater
    [2] CM – Kante
    [3] AM – Willian
    [2] AM – Eden Hazard
    [2] ST – Alvaro Morata

bort
    bort
    Participant
    • :
    liquidator
    liquidator
    Participant
    • :

Grealish is defo better than Drinkwater. He is a very stylish footballer and has great potential, but as I have said, probably not more so than Barclay or RLC. As you state, we currently have plenty of midfield cover, so I don’t see the point of bringing in more players of similar standard and quality as we already have. If we are going to sign a top class playmaker I could understand it. However, bort’s link tells us Sarri is looking at Inter’s Vecino, a player he has worked with before, so maybe he thinks he can get something from him that we do not already have in the squad.

aindro
    aindro
    Participant
    • :

While we should not question Sarri’s target, we’ll play 4-3-3. And while Jorginho so far seems to be a superb buy, I don’t understand why we need to buy other central midfielders. (Vecino, Ramsey…). On the contrary we need to offload some that we have: Drinkwater, Bakayoko, probably RLC on-loan again. We only have 3 positions and 2 will already be occupied by Jorginho and N’Golo Kante.

What we need now is to address our weaknesses. The obvious weakness is scoring. Apart Higuain and probably Lewandowski, we’re not linked with anybody else. Is Sarri happy with the players we have: Morata, Tammy (Giroud and Michy will only join later due to WC)?

nine nine nine
    • :

Aindro, the problem is Higuain is going to Milan and Bayern won’t sell Lewandowski that’s before we get to discussing their fees and wages.

The reality is that currently even if we had unlimited funds there’s not a credible striker out there to sign and the ones who would be credible are ungettable.

Which means we have to work with what we’ve got and improve them.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 505 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.