2018 World Cup Thread

This topic contains 635 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by tom182 tom182 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 636 total)
  • Author

Kingo
    Participant
    • :

Were they tax-deductible?

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Ha ha

foxyfoxes
    foxyfoxes
    Participant
    • :

I can only assume the reason Rose is not playing is the lack of regular game time throughout the season, but then Rashford and Stones played the other day and barely featured for their clubs this season. For me, if you’re going to play three at the back and operate with wing backs we probably have some of the best two wing backs in the world in Rose and Walker, so why not play them in that position?
    I am not a fan of Henderson but he had a good game the other day, I suspect against better opposition and under more pressure he will struggle though. The Belgium game should answer a lot of these questions. He played a few lovely diagonal long balls for our our front three that were just crying out for Vardy on the end rather than Sterling.

The other reason why I would prefer to have Cahill in the back three is you need a no nonsense defender somewhere in that back three. As much as I love Maguire, he loves to run with ball and can get caught out leaving Walker and Stones to mop up, both of which are more ball players than no nonsense defenders.

Paxman
    Participant
    • :

I see today that England had the highest net XG of round one, so we couldn’t have been that bad, as XG is a decent indicator of how we created.

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Moroccan women would love to make love to Ronaldo.

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Couple of bad dives from Ronaldo today.

Paxman
    Participant
    • :

MUFC – Was ronaldo playing golf today 🙂

hatters
    hatters
    Participant
    • :

I think I’ve finally figured it out. Cristiano Ronaldo is secretly sneaking his mobile onto the pitch to post on TT admiring his own legs and stroking his own adonis fueled ego between the goals. He will never forget all the good times at Manchester United and so he goes under the TT name “mufc”.

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Lol

steveosnakeeye
    steveosnakeeye
    Participant
    • :

Got to love how a player hacks the shit out of another player then put their hands up like “i didn’t do it” ….. too many games ruined by fouls and dives….think the refs have been very lenient with cards so far…

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Deafening Iranian atmosphere.

steveosnakeeye
    steveosnakeeye
    Participant
    • :

All I can hear is those fucking voovoozalys

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Simeone and Mourinho will be proud of Irans tactics.

Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    • :

only Russia seems to be finding this world cup rather easy-while we were watching their game yesterday a friend of mine said he read Puttin made all visiting teams feel at home with an offer none could refuse.

Blaze
    Blaze
    Participant
    • :

RLC and Rashford should start and lets see how they go hopefully very well, generally the whole England team were pretty average in their first game and a couple of players were poor, of course I cant include Kane as he is in a class of his own and a lot is depending on him but its a team game and everyone needs to put in more than a decent shift if we want to progress, maybe make the semi finals that would be an achievement. I believe the winner and 2nd place will face either Spain or Portugal in the first ko round, I think we can beat Portugal not sure about Spain.

steveosnakeeye
    steveosnakeeye
    Participant
    • :

Thought Spain looked very average

mufc
    Participant
    • :

If Alli doesn’t play, who would you put in? I would throw in another striker. They should be able to do this vs Panama.

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Paxman
    Participant
    • :

Blaze – Winner or 2nd place plays winner or second place from group H, so not Spain or Portugal

Blueowner
    Blueowner
    Participant
    • :

If England finish 2nd or top they have a very achievable chance of beating the likes of Japan, Senegal. Poland or Colombia probably the most open group.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 636 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.