2022 Summer Squad Update!

This topic contains 25 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  pinezes69 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    MrMakaveli
    MrMakaveli
    Blocked
    • :

Oh ya and Rob, on your main point in that original post, ya, we might actually use the 4231 a fair bit this coming season. Going only from what I’ve heard about Carvalho, I think your suggestion that he could be groomed for the Firmino role sounds solid, specifically in that formation anyway.
    I too am hoping to see Elliott return to his pre-injury form and I also think Klopp could have given him a bit more of a chance. I just think he’s a better player than another, with a lot more potential but perhaps he wasn’t quite ready again. Let’s hope he is now after the summer. This is a chance for him to have breakthrough season. I don’t think he’ll be afforded the same opportunity next season, as we’ll almost certainly sign someone if himself or maybe even Carvalho (if deployed deeper) can’t make the cut.
    Sean, if your comparison to Coutinho is solid, it’ll be difficult to find a place for him in a 433, for us but look what Klopp got out of Coutinho? His defensive qualities weren’t amazing but he got the very very best out of him in an attacking manner, which put his pricetag through the roof and helped to buy some of our current best players.
    If we could do this the odd time, that wouldn’t be so bad. Shame we let a few run down their contracts recently though…. That said, I still hope we see sense and find room to get Salah signed up. I just want him to retire here at this stage. I don’t think I’m going to get my wish but hey, a man can hope.

pinezes69
    Participant
    • :
    MrMakaveli
    MrMakaveli
    Blocked
    • :

Total waste of money but given how much he cost and how much they have already paid him in wages, it would be a tough financial decision to let assets of X value just disappear. Nobody will buy him, or pay his wages in a loan so we’re stuck with him.

“He understands the role, or he’s understanding the role more and more”

No, he doesn’t. He looks like a lost lamb, so often.

pinezes69
    Participant
    • :

If PSG is still interested in Keita then we must sell him.
    He has not justified the money that were spent for him.

MrMakaveli
    MrMakaveli
    Blocked
    • :

Why would they be interested in him though? Nobody will take him off our hands.

pinezes69
    Participant
    • :

By accident!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.