2024 summer transfer thread.

This topic contains 201 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  englishbob 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 201 total)
  • Author

mufc
    Participant
    • :

I know it’s early for this thread but it’s going to be a very important window. Also Martinez is out for 2 months, he is turning into Phil Jones MK 2. We need 2 CB’s now as we don’t have a top class one who is able to play a whole season injury-free.

moral
    Participant
    • :

We need a centre half to play alongside Martinez and a central midfielder to play alongside Mainoo.
    We wont have the funds to by 2 of each so one very decent CB and one very decent CM will be a start.
    I think Martinez has been very unlucky – broken bone twice and knee ligament injury. This is completely different to Jones and Varane who had/have a succession of soft tissue injuries which borders on the farcical.
    We will also need a backup striker and I dare say a decision on the keeper will also be required as Onana is Onono far too often.
    Just an entire spine then…..while lumbered with deadweights on megabucks like Sancho, Antony and Rashford. And the elderly Varane and Casemiro.

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Don’t think the types of injuries matter. Good as Martinez is we can’t rely on somebody who out for 2 to 3 months at a time. He’ll literally have missed most of this season. I really hope his 3 injuries are just bad luck but I’m not too sure.

englishbob
    Participant
    • :

definitely not too early to be thinking about the summer. this has to be the beginning of something. if we see signs of the same old bollocks then that’ll tell me all I need to know about where the club will be until we get very rich owners

killyboye
    killyboye
    Participant
    • :

I don’t think Martinez is a crock. If you look at when Coufal landed on his knee, it could have been much worse, 8 weeks isn’t bad considering and he could be back sooner. He was rushed back from the last injury in August/September, or else the Drs didn’t properly diagnose the issue. He’s been unlucky this season and he was for the most part excellent last season. We still need a CB though, if not two. Saw rumours that the Saudi league is going to make a big offer for Fernandes, if it could be used to finance a summer rebuild, I’d take it. Kambwala will be better equipped next season to play first team football and he’s not looking half bad now so maybe one CB will be enough.

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Being realistic who can be rid off this summer? I don’t mean who we want to be sold but players who can be sold. There are a few on massive wages which will make it difficult.

killyboye
    killyboye
    Participant
    • :

PSG want Rashford to replace Mbappe apparently, that would be great business and the Saudis want Bruno in their league which would also be great business if we could do it. Martial gone too

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Maguire
    MCTominay
    Wan-Bissaka
    Lindelof
    Varane

The above 4 could be realistic outgoings.

killyboye
    killyboye
    Participant
    • :

All of the above are viable sales and all should have interested clubs. They’ve all played well this year, whether that was hoping they’ll be kept or just to get a better club interested I don’t know. We might need to supplement wages by paying them off to leave. Varane is likely to be released on a free, we haven’t activated the extra year on his contract yet and are unlikely to.
    I don’t think there’s more than two players at the club currently who are indispensible except for Garnacho and Mainoo. Hojlund isn’t yet but if he keeps scoring then that may change but I’d be keeping him for the time being.

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Be a good start but we know more than 4 need to leave. If we do manage to get rid of players. Incomings have to be spot on, if not we’ll be in the same cycle.

killyboye
    killyboye
    Participant
    • :

I think the Maguire, McT, Wan Bissaka and Lindelof are all sellable and can be used to raise funds. Martial and Varane are gone on a free. Amrabat will return to Fiorentina. That’s three definitely gone and possibly four more we could sell and raise funds for more incomings. We need to target top or potentially top players who are out of contract in 2025 and force the clubs to sell for a more modest fee that we traditionally have been caught for, as with the Mount transfer. £60m for a player with 12 months left on his contract, joke!

mufc
    Participant
    • :

Holy shit, I forgot Mount plays for us 🤣🤣😂😂

happyhurling
    Participant
    • :

Fundamentally it doesn’t matter which players come and go. What’s important is that the structure is in place to enable successful transfers. That’s why a massive review is currently underway for why we have paid so much money on transfers that haven’t worked out.
    There’ll be a complete realignment of the profile of player we go for this summer.

homerjay540
    Participant
    • :

Looks like prob Varane and deffo Martial will leave on free this summer

I’d actively try to sell Lindelof, Maguire, AWB, Eriksen, Casemiro, not sign Amrabat, McT, vdB, Sancho and listen to offers for Antony

Priority signings: LCB (Branthwaite?), RCB (Todibo?), physical DM (Onana type), CM (Zubimendi/ Kimmich/ Neves, CF (competition for Hojlund) and if we manage to sell AWB, a right back like Frimpong (€40m release clause)

killyboye
    killyboye
    Participant
    • :

@homer Wishful thinking that all that business would be done

happyhurling
    Participant
    • :

Apart from the haters on here there’s no real reason to sell Mctominay. Certainly not this summer anyway. He’s a very good squad player. Never causes a fuss. United through and through, good impact off the bench.
    Oh and he’s our top goal scorer this season!! 😂😂😂🍆❤️

Blacky
    Participant
    • :

@happy – You do chat some absolute fucking shite at times matey! Firstly, do you seriously think that having players like McOaf anywhere on the pitch is going to help us bridge the gargantuan gap to the top teams?, he wouldn’t even get a gig selling fucking pies for a truly ambitious club! Secondly, we are going to have to be far smarter in our player recruitment and retention so hanging onto bang average wankers like him until he’s in his 30’s makes no sense at all, plus his contract will have only 1 year plus a years option to run after this season, and as we desperately need funds to seriously strengthen the entire squad and keep within FFP limits NOW is the absolute correct time to be ridding ourselves of this plod donkey once and for all, simple as that.
    Oh and he’s not “our top goal scorer this season”, Rasmus Hojlund is!!😂😂

homerjay540
    Participant
    • :

Oh yes, Killy, that is very wishful thinking indeed

Killy, I am big McT fan but the fact is, if we get a big offer for him this summer we have to accept as that will allow us to invest in a world class replacement, something McT will never be

happyhurling
    Participant
    • :

Blacky – Yeasss! I knew that would ring your bell! Where have you been hiding??

Blacky
    Participant
    • :

In Spain mate, now stop going on about Scott McBleedingtominay ffs!!😂😂😂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.