2024 summer transfer thread.

This topic contains 201 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  englishbob 1 day, 5 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 201 total)
  • Author
    killyboye
    killyboye
    Participant
    • :

It’s a tricky one, personally I’d be inclined to keep but as many people have said, if it was my daughter….. Having said that, if it was my daughter he’d be six feet under and I’d be the one in prison.

homerjay540
    Participant
    • :

I’d keep Greenwood. Innocent in the eyes of the law. We’ve already been told the media made public was edited

Secondary matter is from a footballing perspective where it’s an absolute no brainer – players like Antony, Sancho, Amad, Pellistri, Rashford, Martial aren’t fit to tie his laces

All that’s needed is a bit of backbone from the owners and I don’t doubt they have that

homerjay540
    Participant
    • :

Did anybody watch the Ajax vs Villa game? I need to watch that Jorrel Hato. On paper he looks like the perfect understudy to Martinez. Heading into the final year of his contract too so should be available for ‘reasonable’ fee

happyhurling
    Participant
    • :

Looks like this Neves kid from Benfica is high up our priorities list this summer. 19 years old but won’t be cheap, £100m release clause. Could him and Mainoo be the midfield for the next 10 years?

jm1502
    Participant
    • :

Fuck me happy, we’re linked with a different player every day mate. Last week it was Ross Barkley 😂😂

jm1502
    Participant
    • :

Oh, by the way, you lads were very quiet about the rugby over the weekend 😂😂😂

happyhurling
    Participant
    • :

Ha ha, yeah. Best team one, JM, no arguments.

homerjay540
    Participant
    • :

Italy worth a cheeky fiver bed to win the 6 nations next year? 😂😂

homerjay540
    Participant
    • :

Joao Neves looks like a generational talent but considering we need so many players I can’t see us sending that kind of money on any one player

jm1502
    Participant
    • :

Agree homer, about us spending that money anyway. As for Neves, wouldn’t have a clue, never seen him play mate. But the money that’s being quoted for all these young lads that are coming through is ridiculous.

killyboye
    killyboye
    Participant
    • :

@homerjay, if you’re looking for cheeky bets, Robert F. Kennedy Jr is 150/1 to win the US Presidential election, worth a cheeky fiver. If he makes it onto the ballot he could be a dark horse.

mufc
    Participant
    • :

jm1502
    Participant
    • :

Fortunately, it won’t be anything to do with Ten Hag. However, problem is, the cunts that run the club don’t realise when it’s time to cash in. They never do, that’s why we’ve still got the likes of Martial.

killyboye
    killyboye
    Participant
    • :

I’ll bet if the right offer comes in it will be accepted. He can talk it down as much as he wants and so can Ten Hag, classic bargaining technique is pretending you don’t want to sell what you’re selling.

Zico
    Zico
    Participant
    • :

If reports are true that Ratcliffe wants Southgate and Jarrad Branthwaite i´m going to throw up.

killyboye
    killyboye
    Participant
    • :

I’d take Branthwaite, he’s been one of Everton’s best players in an appalling provided the fee isn’t north of £50m. Southgate is a different story altogether. We’d also need a coach who’s coming in for June, not August. I’d discount him for that reason alone

jm1502
    Participant
    • :

Looking more and more like the Southgate rumours are true, which doesn’t speak well for Jim and his new back room staff.

mufc
    Participant
    • :

This has to be a joke?

happyhurling
    Participant
    • :

I’ve thought about Southgate to United a few times and always felt it would be an underwhelming appointment. But!
    There’s clearly a lot of things that need addressing at the club and one of them is a spirit and culture in the dressing room. I don’t rate Southgate as a tactician of the game but i don’t think anyone can argue about the spirit he has cultivated at international level.
    Ratcliffe is rumoured to want to go for young English talent (rightly so, that’s what United have always done) and Southgate knows all of the talent coming through the English ranks. I also saw an article that said Ashworth and Southgate are very close and work very well together.
    I also think, regardless of the general apathy of the UK public, that Southgate can handle the media and is a good speaker in front on the media. Maybe Ten Haag has given himself another season with the Liverpool win but i don’t think Southgate would be an awful choice to replace him.

homerjay540
    Participant
    • :

Big difference between club and international football. Southgate would get slaughtered the minute results went bad. Not that it matters mind as I think it’s unlikely ten Hag will get sacked

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 201 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.