8 POINTS CLEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic contains 29 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by The Fulcrum The Fulcrum 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Razor
    Razor
    Participant
    • :

nuff said….

kopite
    Participant
    • :

I would have been happy with a draw but a win. Well done to Conor Coady and Wolves

Songman
    Participant
    • :

Great result, but no need to get excited, it’s still way too early in the season.

One game at a time is the philosophy that Liverpool must use this season if we are to win the title.

So next stop, aim to win 3 points at Old Trafford

gingerlfc
    Participant
    • :

Gwan the mighty Wolves!!

Ye can’t win the league in Oct but he can certainly lose it.

Songman
    Participant
    • :

8 points clear is nothing, we were 10 points clear last December and City still caught us.

Not trying to be negative, but I want Liverpool to fear City so much that they build up such a huge points lead (as early as possible) that we can’t get caught this time.

Here’s hoping that happens

Sean the sailor
    Participant
    • :

Lads really nothing to get excited about in my opinion. If there were 5 games left then yes, I certainly would be but therevis 30 games left

We were 7 clear in Jan and look
    What happened. Stunned by that city result.

In saying that, this is our best chance ever as city are really missing Laporte and look all over the place at the back.

Stir cleat of injuries and we really could do something special.

I’ll jusy never get carried away with an 8 point lead after 8 games

NotoriousBingo
    Participant
    • :

Sean… they are missing Kompany, he was a massive figure behind the scenes and the one that has led them to a lot of trophies… Laporte being out adds to that but not having Kompany there rallying the troops is hurting them, they have no one close to him in that category while we are blessed with leaders everywhere on the pitch.

gingerlfc
    Participant
    • :

And Laporte and Stones

kopite
    Participant
    • :

I’m not getting excited but every time City drop points, it helps us to our goal.

gingerlfc
    Participant
    • :

“8 points clear is nothing, we were 10 points clear last December and City still caught us.”

We were never 10 points clear at the end of a match day weekend.

Never.

Songman
    Participant
    • :

The more points City lose, the more determined we should be to win the next game to make the gap even bigger, or at least maintain it.

One thing is for sure, you can never write then off, no matter how many players they are missing

Songman
    Participant
    • :

Ginger, Liverpool were 10 points clear of City on 29-Dec-2018, and that’s a fact, though City had a game in hand.

Premier League title race: Statistics show how Liverpool have gone wrong after opening up 10-point lead over Manchester City

gingerlfc
    Participant
    • :

Yes.
    Yes it is rubbish

We were never 10 points clear after a match day weekend.

gingerlfc
    Participant
    • :

Just to put more meat on those bones, City had a game in hand.
    We’ve never been 10 points clear with same number of games played.

Songman
    Participant
    • :

No it’s definitely not rubbish Ginger, it’s a factual and relevant article, that’s why it was published.

And it didn’t refer to matchdays either, it just referred to points ahead at a specific point in time, even though City had a game in hand. This was clearly stated at the bottom of the article.

That 10 point lead was important because City could have lost their game in hand, just like they did today

gingerlfc
    Participant
    • :

Yes but I referred to it before you put up the article as it was what we were discussing.

We were never been 10 points ahead of City with same games played last season.
    It’s myth spread by media and opposition supporters alike to give strength to the “they bottled it” accusation that was thrown about last season.

It’s not true.
    Match day games are played at different times.

Songman
    Participant
    • :

“We were never been 10 points ahead of City with same games played last season.” True, but the article never said that, and showed that Liverpool played 20 games, and City 19.

But we were 7 points ahead of City with the same amount of games played, and we blew that lead.

We have to do everything possible to make sure we don’t blow our lead this time

NotoriousBingo
    Participant
    • :

Great article to put things in perspective but reckon we can keep this up… the main event of the season being our two games against them and that being the title difference… I could be wrong and cause City are missing that great leader ATM… they might be in trouble…

Rob Fort Worth TX
    Rob Fort Worth TX
    Participant
    • :

Eight points is great but like Songman said we were 7 clear officially (10 unofficially-to keep the peace) and NO team in the history of the Premier League had blown a lead of that amount – and then came us. 8 clear in May and I’ll be a little more optimistic.

kopite
    Participant
    • :

Guys, let’s just chill and enjoy that City drop unexpected points. Que sera sera whatever will be will be. We take each game as it comes.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply this topic.