April 24, 2021 at 3:55 pm #1946799
1. We were top of the table and 4 points clear at Christmas even with the injuries. The problem was not immediately bringing in a CB and playing 2 of our best midfielders in defence. Not some prophetic prediction that we were going to struggle. Both FSG & Klopp are to blame for that.
2. Wijnaldum before didn’t operate in a manner which was going to get him tons of assists. He was effective at shielding the FBs while they did their thing. The problem with him this season is that he isn’t trying at all because his mind is clearly fixated on his move elsewhere which is leaving gaps in midfield.
3. Jota has been 1 of our best players this season which isn’t saying a lot but it’s still the reality. You’re right in stating that he still has a lot of work to do on the ball but his off the ball play is top notch.
4. Wolves are in the shit without him and Jimenez so I don’t think they should be in any position to claim that they’re better off without him.
5. I would say most of us here disagree with each other with various subjects and a lot of the time not in the most pleasant of ways so if you’re feel you’re getting picked on, it’s not personal.April 24, 2021 at 3:55 pm #1946800
Still no CL or EPL, how the mighty have fallen.April 24, 2021 at 4:50 pm #1946810
Sean the sailorParticipant
Liverlad, good to see you back mate
Very valid points. Rob spot on about Jones’s made no sense. Only back. Thisgo bossing the game. We needed him in to get his foot on the ball and to stay cool. I knew Newcastle would Score even after Wilson goal disallowed.
Kabak and fabhino for no protection. Thought kabak was again a solid 7 out of ten. We start to get results with fabhino in midfield then move him back
Love klopp but Jesus he has made some real howlers this season
Bizarre subs. Calling for 5 subs and rarely uses 3???
We will not beat utd ffs. We have been a shambles since Christmas
Get the season over with ASAPApril 24, 2021 at 5:11 pm #1946816
We dont deserve top 4. That 2nd half was shiteApril 24, 2021 at 5:12 pm #1946818
Am I the only one who thinks we will beat United next week? Oh well, only one way to find outApril 24, 2021 at 5:51 pm #1946838
Klopp can’t set the team to defend a lead as he always want players to be on the front foot, it has reaped dividends but it can lead to some frustrating moments like the last five minutes of the two recent matches. I wanted him to bring on Rhys Williams, and possibly move Fabinho to midfield or play with three centre backs in the last minutes against Leeds and today, would have ensured there were enough bodies at the back to get us across the line.April 24, 2021 at 5:53 pm #1946839
Kopite it was Fab’s penis!!April 24, 2021 at 5:58 pm #1946841
Have said all along despite ridicule on here that FSG are not worthy of any great club due to their greed and incompetence and yet again sadly this has proven true. You cannot expect to be great on the cheap over a long period and sadly their greed has again caught them out. They will pay for their penny pinching in January although its been going on for years and has lost us so much silverware and will probably lose us Klopp as he wants to be in the ECL where he belongs. Very sad. I disagree about the blame being shared between him and FSG, he has performed a miricle based on what he has been given and expected to do but some fans just want everything. FSG out now.April 24, 2021 at 6:58 pm #1946860
You just know the one goal was never going to be enough, it hasn’t been for most of the season. If you dont put your chances away you get punished. Dont really care about champions league next season anymore, no point in just being there to make up the numbers, like utd. If we’re in it, it’s to win it, or at least put in a good showing for ourselves. Will always watch the games and support the team, but bored now….try something different nothing to lose, even if we had won our last two games we’d still be behind Chelsea at the moment so nothing to be too upset by. It was always an outside chance. Looking forward to some new faces, and hopefully Van Dijk and Hendo back. Would be good to have a real punt at both the league and Fa cup next season. Peace out will drop back in in August.April 24, 2021 at 7:28 pm #1946876
“It takes the 2020/21 season tally to 14 goals conceded in the last 15 minutes of a Premier League fixture, which amounts to a whopping 16 points dropped over the course of the 33 games to date and amounts to 35 percent of their conceded goals.”
Terrible record to see out the win.
While this makes it look like the defence is always at fault, the forwards have missed a crazy amount of chances that would see off teams much earlier.April 24, 2021 at 7:39 pm #1946883
Ginger that’s shockingly bad & your correct the lack of cutting edge up front puts undue pressure on a cobbled together back line over & over again. If we had taking a couple of more chances could have easily saw the game out 3-0.April 24, 2021 at 7:43 pm #1946884
With a 4 point gap to Chelsea now I think top four is done I can’t see them having a meltdown as they hardly concede. Really hopeful we don’t get europa league now.April 24, 2021 at 7:56 pm #1946889
Sean the sailorParticipant
Fulcrum that’s it gave up on top 4 ages ago
That’s some record ginger
Terrible numbersApril 24, 2021 at 8:05 pm #1946891
I haven’t laughed so much in a long time when Newcastle equalized in FERGIE TIME 🤣🤣🤣. Welcome to the Europa League
If anyone in the northwest has heard by an ear-piercing squawk and a heavy thud, they shouldn’t be alarmed. It was just the sound of the Liver Bird falling off its perch 🤣🤣🤣April 24, 2021 at 8:09 pm #1946895
Our home record in 2021:
9 Games Played: W1, D2, L6
Goals for: 4
Goals against: 12
That’s got to be one of the worst home records in the league this year.April 24, 2021 at 8:12 pm #1946899
Liverlad, fair enough on some of those points but I don’t agree about Jota. I think his general play was quite good today. He misplaced a few passes but he also had some good ones too. He got himself into a load of premium quality chances but his finishing wasn’t there of course. I like Jota because I think he’s got good instincts and he’s a tenacious lad too. It hasnt worked out so well for him in the last few or so but I’m pleased with his input this season and today. I guess we won’t agree there at all but no harm like.
As for Klopp, as much as I want to defend him from people raging at him,. he definitely screwed the pooch today.
1) He should have played Williams instead of Fabinho. This is a lesson we’ve learned and have proven: Fabinho needs to be in midfield.
2) The subs were bad. Milner for Jota actually kinda worked, so I won’t get too annoyed but I think he was absolutely mad to take Thiago off. He was running the show. Is there a reason for it perhaps? I didnt notice him getting any treatment but I wasnt watching for it at the time. he seemed to just sit and watch the rest of the match…
3) It’s clearly time to drop Wijnaldum. Make Salah Captain, he really wanted it before, when the main parties were missing for a cup game there earlier this season. I think we’d see a positive reaction from Salah, for him to have it for a few games. So, start Milner instead of him. We need players out there who will fight for results and although he’s probably too old to start loads in a row, we have other options, especially if we bring Fabinho back into midfield.
Todays result was hard to take because I think it’s over now. 5 games left, 4 points behind, is it? Playing Utd, with them knowing that anything other than a win, puts us out of the CL for next season…
We are in must win territory now and I just don’t think this team has it in them.April 24, 2021 at 8:21 pm #1946903
Chelsea last 5 league games…
Our last 5 league games…
Now on paper our run in looks much easier but we know what our record has been like particularly against teams that are happy to sit back. Chelsea also have CL and FA cup to contend with. I don’t think they have a free week for the rest of the season but they have a big squad.
We’d need to win all 5 IMO in order to give ourselves a chance and I don’t see that happening.April 24, 2021 at 8:45 pm #1946911
TMA: Even if we are in Europa League, we’ll see you there after the group stage. That’s your default.😂😂😂April 24, 2021 at 10:29 pm #1946944
kicking a dog gonna keep him barkingApril 25, 2021 at 6:22 am #1946957
Just rewatched the disallowed goal again, despite it being really unlucky on Newcastle, but rules are rules, I can’t believe VAR didn’t rule it a penalty. TAA BLATANTLY pushes Wilson in the back just before he goes off balance and the handball occurs.
You must be logged in to reply this topic.