Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest

Championship

Nottingham Forest

Steve Cooper ‘really pleased’ with Nott’m Forest semi-final win; requests more goals from his team
James Holland 14 May 2022

Steve Cooper ‘really pleased’ with Nott’m Forest semi-final win; requests more goals from his team

Steve Cooper's team caused Sheffield United all sorts of problems at Bramall Lane but should have won by a bigger margin

Trending Articles

Nottingham Forest overcome Sheffield United in pulsating clash, but late Blades goal leaves tie open
James Holland 14 May 2022
Nottingham Forest overcome Sheffield United in pulsating clash, but late Blades goal leaves tie open
Forest bounced back from their defeat to Bournemouth to overcome Sheff Utd at Bramall Lane - but the Blades are still in the mix after scoring late on
See More Nottingham Forest News

Nottingham Forest Stats

Matches

  • 0
    Matches Played
  • 0
    Wins
  • 0
    Losses
  • 0
    Draws

Goals

  • 0
    Scored
  • 0
    Conceded

Results

About Nottingham Forest

Nottingham Forest, or just Forest to their fans, enjoy the distinction of being the oldest football club in England. The club came into being in 1865 and they have played at their current home, The City Ground, since 1898. Forest, also sometimes referred to as The Reds or the Tricky Trees, have spent all-but five years of their existence playing in the top two divisions of the Football League. Additionally, they have won the League title once, claimed two FA Cups, four League Cups, a Charity Shield, two European Cups, and one UEFA Super Cup.

The club’s most successful period came in the late 1970s and early 1980s when they were managed by the legendary Brian Clough and his assistant Peter Taylor. Under the leadership of this duo, they took Europe by storm. Despite their storied and successful past, Nottingham Forest have not played in the Premier League since 1999. Aside from the Clough and Taylor period, other notable managers include Harry Hallam and Billy Walker while in recent times a succession of managers have been tried and let go with the last manager to have had more than 100 games in charge Billy Davies, who left in 2011 (he did return for a short spell in 2013 as well).

Forest has been the home for many great players. They became the first club in football history to spend a million pounds on a player when, in February 1979, they signed Trevor Francis from Birmingham City. Other big names to have run out at The City Ground include Stuart Pearce, Garry Birtles, Des Walker, Peter Shilton, Kenny Burns and Steve Stone.

Who owns Nottingham Forest?

The club is owned by NF Football Investments Ltd in whom Evangelos Marinakis holds an 80% share and Sokratis Kominakis the remaining 20%. Aside from his ownership of Forest, Marinakis is also the owner of Greek outfit Olympiakos.

Ground:
The City Ground
Capacity:
30,446